Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Puppy Fever

I've had puppy fever for the last year. I've always wanted a puppy of my own and a puppy that I picked out instead of my parents. I grew up with dachshunds, chihuahuas, and finally chugs (chihuahua/pug mix.)

In November, we had Morningstar (my mom's chug) over for a week in efforts to get her to lose weight. She did, but sadly not long. My mom made her gain more weight. Sadness.

Anyway, I've been looking into mini dachshunds and corgis. I initially wanted to adopt a rescue or a shelter dog but things didn't really work out on that end--so upwards and onwards on the search.

It took me nearly a month to find a breeder for a corgi. Then on wednesday, December 17th we drove 3 hours north to get our little girl--Freya.

No comments:

Post a Comment