Friday, April 10, 2009

Been a while...

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted here. I've been so busy at work (read: insane to the point of mental breakdown.)

Freya is a big girl now. She's 5 months old and at 15 pounds. The vet doesn't think she'll break 20 pounds by next month and she very well may be on the small side (I have a mini corgi maybe?) Lisa told me that Freya's mom weighed in at 30 pounds and loved going out on 3 to 4 mile runs and Freya's dad, who was a foster, weighed in at 22-23 pounds. So who knows what she'll be, that's such a huge range!

We went through obedience class but I felt that it wasn't a great class so I'll be shopping for another class after her spay. She's set up for spaying on the 30th of April. I know I'll have the vWD test done which will run $28, $38 may be charged if they decide to gas her instead of anesthesia her, $15 per baby teeth, and if chip her $48 bucks. Wowie zowies, that's going to hurt my pocket. I've been working on paying as much of my bills or prepay most so the balance won't be so bad come the 30th. (This topic has caused much arguments in our family--my boyfriend feels it is an unnecesarry invasive surgery and he doesn't understand why I want to do this.)

We've had some food aggression issues spring up lately, and I'm not terribly surprised by this either. She's a corgi, who loves to eat! She's currently bumped up to 2/3 cups of food 3 times a day--though sometimes I only give her half. She gets kong time with some kibble (either hers or her brother's Taste of the Wild Salmon) with some yogurt or pb. She never really hated her crate, but she definitely hops in there in the morning excitedly. It's too cute. It makes me wish I had a camera to film all these moments.

She will be getting a foster brother soon. He'll be a corgi mix...I'm kind of thinking he's a dorgi. I could be wrong as it has been a while since I've seen him. The poor boy is heart worm positive so he won't have much time to play for a while.

So Freya also gets special bathroom time. Lol, what I mean by that is, she always follows me there and I started to give her a raw hide (I know, its bad, I need to get a better alternative) while we're in there. We used to play fetch but she lost interest in it at the moment.

I need to figure out how to link my post to mycorgi so I can keep one site going.

No comments:

Post a Comment