Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Foster update

The animal control officer called me and told me the quarantine band has been lifted from the shelter yesterday. Woot! She also told me (just a few minutes ago) that she's taking "my baby" to the vet for his check up and if that goes well he will be neutered! I hate that she's calling him "my baby" because I don't want to get attached and I think that's what she's trying to do..the mean woman. He seems like he's a sweetie.

I'm debating on naming him. I'm afraid of getting terribly attached to him but when I think of him, I get his name. I know that sounds odd but that's how I name things. I look them in the eye and mentally, and sometimes literally, "what's your name?" Whatever comes back will be there name. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I have a crock pot of names waiting but man...sometimes they just don't fit.

So far, I have Milo stuck in my head. Not sure where the name came from but I like it and I suppose it suits him. I guess he'll tell me otherwise when I get him for the official start up of our time together. He doesn't seem to suit my stupid World of Wowcraft names: Aggro and Manna. But come on, those would be excellent names for those who play such a game! It would be fun to see how many people know what we mean by it.

I'm excited and nervous about this. I fear the worse and hope for the best. I hope that he's healthy despite however long he's been roaming the streets. I hope that he gets along with our dogs. I hope that I don't totally and completely fall head over heels for this guy because I know I would have the complete option to adopt him (it's a shelter and not a rescue so their rules are different.) I fear that he would be a total nightmare. I fear that he'll be sick and get my baby sick. Bah...at any rate, I'll deal with it as it comes.

Shelter will get me food, the guy at work (who is a big advocate for the shelter) will get me a crate, and that will leave me with bowls, kong, and grooming supplies.

Am I leaving anything out?

No comments:

Post a Comment