Monday, October 26, 2009

Lost tag plus weekend events

This weekend my schedule worked out just right that I didn't have to go to work until the evening. Ultimately, the free afternoon meant that I was going to take Freya to another Howl-o-ween event that a local rescue was hosting. Unfortunately for me, they didn't do any kind of advertisement so when I lost my flyer that I got three weeks prior--I had to do a lot of calling around.

It was an hour away from where I lived. Freya whined the entire time and kept trying to sit with me (but thanks to the Kurgo Tru fit that wasn't too much of an issue.) But the worst part of it all was me getting lost--with a GPS, sigh. I'm not very directionally good--especially when I'm lead down a cemetery road. Who builds a park behind a cemetery and makes you take a road going through one in the first place?

Total drive time was 2 hours cause I spent the hour that I got there trying not to go down the cemetery road taking tons of u-turns. I finally got to the location after going down said read and found the stupid park. I have to say I was kind of irritated. Everything was finished by the time I arrived and it just started 2 hours ago--but I'm assuming with the lack of advertisment (tv and the internet) that it really hurt them more than anything.

The most I did was walk Freya around, had another picture taken of her, and tried to do the obstacle course with. The obstacle course was kind of fun but I had way too much on me to do it properly (see big purse and hotdog costume on purse) and they took it down after I was finished.

Freya didn't leave without treats though! They had some bacon tinis (bacon coookies shaped martini glasses), brownies (carob), and sweet potato fries. All in all, it sounded really yummy--and yes, I did try the brownies and they were quite good being dog treats and all.

Yesterday, I noticed something strange about Freya. Rather, I noticed some strange about Freya's tags. If you look up at the pic on the banner you can see that she has 3 tags on her collar. Last night, it took me a minute to realize one was missing and the ring was all screwed up. It took me another 10 minutes to realize that it wasn't her Home Again tag but her rabies tag. Sigh, what do I do if I can't find it? There's no telling where that thing could be in the backyard--especially with the amount of holes she created back there. Should I just say screw it and wait til her annual shot comes around or call the vet and see if they have something I can use for temporary purposes?

3 comments:

  1. You don't need to have the rabies tag if you carry the certificate with you. Ask your vet for a copy of the certificate.
    I'm sorry about the hassle getting to the park...sounds like the treats made up for it, especially if you tried the brownie! I would've done that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that sucks! Don't hate when things like that happen and then you don't have that much fun since you are still frazzeled from the drive over.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the tag, but you can call the vet and ask. They do have a certificate (i think you got one as well, or something similar). My guys don't wear their tags since I am lazy and can't stand the jingling. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others. Your vet should be able to print you off the tag number and certificate.

    ReplyDelete